- Sonic Pi is preinstalled so you can jump right in to learning to program while creating your own music.
- Significant performance improvements to Scratch thanks to Tim Rowledge and Ben Avison.
- A build of PyPy 2.1 is now included to allow you to try out this high performance Python JIT compiler.
- Python libraries required for interfacing with Pi-Face are preinstalled. Once you enable the SPI kernel module in raspi-config you can leap right in.
- The Oracle JDK is preinstalled
And also, NOOBS v1.3 has also been released. Highlights include:
- The ability to install multiple OSes on a single card.
- Support for network installation of OSes from our repository.
- Multiple “flavours” of Raspbian, including the ability to boot directly into Scratch.
- Improved integration of language, keyboard and display settings between NOOBS and guest operating systems.
Source: New Raspbian release, and NOOBS v1.3 goes gold
Download: New Out Of Box Software