This innovative guide gets you started right away working with the most popular processing platforms, wireless communication technologies, the Cloud, and a variety of sensors. You’ll learn how to take advantage of the utility and versatility of the IoT and connect devices and systems to the Internet using sensors. Each project features a list of the tools and components, how-to explanations with photos and illustrations, and complete programming code. All projects can be modified and expanded, so you can build on your skills.
The Internet of Things: Do-It-Yourself at Home Projects for Arduino, Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone Black
- Shows you how to use IBM’s Net Beans IDE and the Eclipse IDE
- Explains how to set up small-scale networks to connect the projects to the Internet
- Includes essential tips for setting up and using a MySQL database.
- Raspberry Pi home temperature measurements
- Raspberry Pi surveillance webcams
- Raspberry Pi home weather station
- Arduino garage door controller
- Arduino irrigation controller
- Arduino outdoor lighting controller
- Beaglebone message panel
- Beaglebone remote control SDR
- Machine-to-machine demonstration project