About This Book
- Explore the vast opportunities of computer vision with the Raspberry Pi and Python
- Design and develop webcam and Raspberry Pi based applications
- The book features ample screenshots that will offer a play-by-play account on how to implement computer vision fundamentals and applications
This book is intended for novices, as well as seasoned Raspberry Pi and Python enthusiasts, who would like to explore the area of computer vision. Readers with very little programming or coding/scripting experience can create wonderful image processing and computer vision applications with relatively fewer lines of code in Python.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and master computer vision with OpenCV
- Work with images, videos, webcams, the Pi camera, and create amazing timelapse videos
- Blend images and create artistic effects such as image transitioning
- Transform images, change colorspaces, and track objects based on colors
- Use various high- and low-pass filters to remove noise from the image
- Find contours and segments in images and detect edges, lines, and circles
- Install another simple yet powerful library, SimpleCV, and with its help create real-life applications
This book will provide you with the skills you need to successfully design and implement your own Raspberry Pi and Python-based computer vision projects.
From the beginning, this book will cover how to set up your Raspberry Pi for computer vision applications, exploring the basics of OpenCV, and how to design and implement real-life computer vision applications on your own. By sequentially working through the steps in each chapter, you will quickly be able to master the features of OpenCV. In the end of the book, you will also be introduced to SimpleCV, which is another powerful computer vision library for Python. Featuring plenty of coding examples and exercises, this book offers you an unparalleled learning experience.