About This Book
- Build real world embedded system projects using the impressive combination of Yocto Project and Beaglebone Black
- Learn how to effectively add multimedia to your board and save time by exploiting layers from the existing ones
- A step-by-step, comprehensive guide for embedded system development with hands-on examples
This book is ideal for system developers with knowledge and experience of embedded systems. Knowledge of BeagleBone Black is assumed, while no knowledge of Yocto Project build system is necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Develop a successful package or image with the help of the BitBake tool
- Generate a recipe for some trendy console-based games
- Boot up BeagleBone using images created with Yocto Project
- Customize the root file system using a custom layer
- Create a home surveillance solution using a webcam attached to the BeagleBone USB port
- Turn BeagleBone into a Wi-fi access point by attaching a USB dongle
- Build different versions of the helloworld recipe
The Yocto Project produces tools and processes that enable the creation of Linux distributions for embedded software, independent of the architecture. BeagleBone Black is a platform that allows users to perform installation and customizations to their liking, quickly and easily.
Starting with a basic introduction to Yocto Project's build system, this book will take you through the setup and deployment steps for Yocto Project. You will develop an understanding of BitBake, learn how to create a basic recipe, and explore the different types of Yocto Project recipe elements. Moving on, you will be able to customize existing recipes in layers and create a home surveillance solution using your webcam, as well as creating other advanced projects using BeagleBone Black and Yocto Project.
By the end of the book, you will have all the necessary skills, exposure, and experience to complete projects based on Yocto Project and BeagleBone Black.